The Soil Regeneration Project/Spores team is seeking a passionate curriculum writer and designer (CD) to join our team.
At the Soil Regeneration Project (https://soilregenerationproject.com/), we believe in the centrality of soil in biological as well as social systems and are dedicated to bringing this to light in academic, social and economic spaces. Within educational spaces, we aim to highlight the position of soil in climate change, ecology and sustainability conversations. One of the ways we are working towards shifting the current narrative towards the importance of soil is through our Soil Curriculum, a series of 10 lessons we have designed that consists of engaging activities and self reflective debrief discussions to reorient ourselves in relation to soil.
We are in the fortunate position of piloting these 10 lessons with partners so that we may collect feedback and work towards refining the curriculum. To enable this, we are looking for a curriculum designer to join our team who will drive and advise us through this process by collating feedback from the pilot runs, rewriting lesson plans and other curricula related documents to present to educational institutions and the Ministry of Education.
- An individual who has experience and is familiar with curriculum development in the Ministry of Education;
- Trained in curriculum design with experience in writing curricula for MoE accredited schools and/or other educational institutions in Singapore;
- An innovative changemaker keen to be a part of how educational systems can evolve;
- Passionate about education and ecology;
- Keen to work in an inclusive and collaborative working environment with a diverse team.
- Estimated time commitment of 4 hours/week with possible increase to 6 hours per week for a few weeks following each run of the curriculum pilots (a total of 3 runs) as we process and incorporate the feedback into the curriculum. This will be broken down into a modular 3-session programme. The timeline is as follows:
- First run: November and December 2021, preparation begins August 2021
- Second run: January to May 2022
- Third run: June to December 2022
- Individual will be remunerated for their services
- Opportunity to work with a team of individuals dedicated towards creating a shift in educational thinking
- A current or historical connection to Singapore’s food system, water bodies or soils in the form of professional work or personal relation is considered a plus but not a requisite for applicants
Much like the soils beneath our feet, we hope to mirror the diverse and inclusive characteristics of soil systems. With this in mind, we seek to cultivate a professional ethos as well as grow our team to compose a plurality of views, experiences and walks of life
Those interested can email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume detailing your curriculum designing experience as well as a paragraph sharing why you are keen to be a part of this work.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our curriculum pilot is made possible as awardees of the SG Eco Fund, under the Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment, Singapore.